First of all, I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of support I received during the COVID closure of my massage studio. It meant the world to me and I really appreciate each and every one of you.

As of 6/19, massage therapy will be permitted in San Diego.

I now find myself in the position of having to decide whether to open immediately or hold off.
And it is an extremely tough decision to make.

Essence. will not be reopening while Covid-19 carrier risk and industry re-closure are still a concern.

Many of my clients are elderly and others have health issues. They are at risk and I am choosing to protect their health.

The year ahead brings me quite a bit of uncertainty and concern for everyone's health, logistics, and risk level.
The salon has significant overhead risk with a potential re-closure.

Massage is an intimate experience for the customer and a physical one for the therapist. I'm not sure if I will feel comfortable performing massage therapy while wearing PPE, which is mandated as long as active outbreaks are occurring.

These past few weeks have been a whirlwind of decision-making. I passed 3 months of closure with therapeutic massage still restricted.

I'm uncertain how long the virus will spread and re-closure risks are lingering.

Hopefully things will get back to normal soon!  I’ll let you know when I ready to re-open Essence.

With Essence.


Green Leaves